Obtaining Warranty Service
Carefree Major Product Limited Warranty
THIS WARRANTY IS NOT TRANSFERABLE
Carefree of Colorado (hereafter referred to as Carefree) warrants to the first retail Purchaser that the Carefree Product described in this manual is free of defects in material and workmanship within the terms and conditions as set forth below. Carefree's obligation under this warranty is limited to the repair or replacement, at Carefree's option, of any defective component with new or factory refurbished components.
- One (1) year on parts, labor and standard freight for hardware, fabric and electronics.
- Warranty duration is not extended by the length of time the product is not in use or the time that the purchaser is deprived the use of the product. Duration of coverage is determined by the date of the original product purchase, not the date of repairs.
- Some Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM's) may offer warranties that extend beyond the duration of this warranty. For claims after one year, refer to the OEM for warranty coverage.
2. WHAT IS COVERED UNDER THIS WARRANTY
Defects in the manufacturer's material and workmanship of product under normal use, and which occur within the duration of the warranty period. The following components are covered only as listed:
- Fabrics - Free from quality defects (normal wear and fading excluded).
- Extrusions, Hardware and Springs - Free from defects.
- Motor assemblies and Electronics - Free from defects.
- Labor - Labor to replace or repair a defective component. Labor payment is based on the Carefree Labor Flat Fee Payment Schedule. Labor is not paid to access Carefree components when such components are installed in obscured locations.
- Freight - Warranty part order shipments that qualify for freight to be prepaid by Carefree will be shipped Ground UPS or by a Common Carrier of Carefree's choice. Expedited freight is not covered under warranty; customer is responsible for any and all expedited freight charges.
3. WHAT IS NOT COVERED UNDER THIS WARRANTY
- Damages not reported at time of purchase/receipt; including fabric damages such as pinholes and tears.
- Damages or failures not related to the material or workmanship of the product including any failure that results from neglect, accident, wind, rain, water pooling, weather or other acts of God.
- Purchaser's abuse, including but not limited to neglect; failure to operate, use or maintain the product in accordance with the instructions provided with the product and available on line at www.carefreeofcolorado.com.
- Improper installation and/or any damage/failure that is a result of improper installation or adjustment of the product/component, including fabric damage.
- Normal wear, including the occasional need to re-tension and/or adjust the product.
- Any component not sold or manufactured by Carefree.
- Any failure that results from the use of another manufacturer's product with a Carefree product that is not specifically approved in writing by Carefree.
- Any incidental, indirect, or consequential loss, damage or expense that may result from any defect, failure, or malfunction of the Carefree product.
- The removal or alteration of any product component or device. In the event of such removal or alteration, this warranty is void.
- Any expense related to delivery or pick-up of product to/from the service dealer; including travel time, transport costs and/or service call charges.
4. RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE PURCHASER
IN ORDER FOR THE WARRANTY TO BE HONORED, THE PURCHASER MUST HAVE PROOF OF PURCHASE: THE ORIGINAL RECEIPT OR THE PRODUCT WARRANTY REGISTRATION ON FILE AT CAREFREE. FAILURE TO PROVIDE THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION MAY DELAY OR VOID ANY WARRANTY CLAIM.
- Retain dated proof of purchase for specified product, and provide it as requested.
- Inspect the awning upon purchase/receipt to confirm the condition of the canopy, hardware and proper operation of product/components.
- Perform recommended maintenance as specified in the product literature furnished with the product and available online at www.carefreeofcolorado.com.
- Use reasonable care in the operation, use and storage of the product in accordance with the instructions contained in the product literature furnished with the product and available online at www.carefreeofcolorado.com.
5. WARRANTY CLAIM PROCEDURE
- Deliver any product claimed or found defective during warranty period to a Carefree authorized service dealer. Visit www.carefreeofcolorado.com for the name of nearest authorized service dealer.
- Customer shall schedule a time with an authorized service dealer. Repair or replacement will be scheduled and performed at the authorized service dealer according to normal workflow and availability of replacement parts.
- Work must be performed by a Carefree authorized service dealer. When an authorized service dealer performs warranty work/repair, the dealer is responsible for directly billing Carefree for warranted labor.
- Carefree shall pay the respective servicing dealer for performing any repairs specifically authorized in writing by Carefree.
- All warranty claims shall be paid to the authorized servicing dealer. Carefree does not provide reimbursement for warranty claims paid for by the customer.
- The customer shall pay only those costs not covered by this warranty.
6. THIS WARRANTY GIVES THE OWNER SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS. THE LAWS OF CERTAIN JURISDICTIONS MAY GRANT THE OWNER ADDITIONAL RIGHTS AND PRIVILEGES.
Except as set forth above, Carefree makes no warranty, whether statutory or otherwise, including without limitation, any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Carefree shall have no liability except to repair, replace or adjust defective products and parts. Carefree specifically excludes any liability, whether in contract, tort or otherwise, for personal injury, property damage, economic or consequential losses.
7. Carefree does not authorize any person or company to alter the terms of this warranty.
8. Carefree reserves the right to make changes in design and components, without notice, whenever it is believed the quality of the product will be improved, but without incurring any obligation to incorporate such improvements in any product that has been shipped or in service.
Revised Date: 12/1/2012